Monday, September 22, 2014

First try on 15mm scale stuff

This time it's something quick. And delayed on purpose.

First - I finally decided to give a try to 15mm scale minis. Some time ago I got some scavengers and mutants from Khurasan Miniatures but sadl they have just been stored in the sarcofago. Until now.
The reason for digging them out were latest posts on Tales from far point bloggy:
the guy started sculpting stuff based on classic Warzone game! And since I am suffering from serious Warzone fever I simply could not resist!

So there was no other choice for me but trying to paint at least some of 15mm tinies from the junk pile. I had no special bases for the minis so human sized ones were put on small washers (?) while super mutants on standard 25mm round bases. Looking at the pic below I am seriously considering getting some 20mm round bases though...

I took the pic with Warzone nepharite of Algeroth for the scale purposes.
When I placed models next to each other I realised what the charm of small scale gaming really is:
1.you can carry whole battlegroup in the pocket,
2.standard size battlefields provide way more space for manoeuvres,
3.large creatures from other games grow now into huge monstrocities!


And now the reason of the delay: zombie!
But this one is bit special (well every zombie is special for me in some way): the model was sent to Vikotnik in exchange for some goodies I got a while back. I waited with publishing until the model reached the destination.

It was a nice change to paint a classic piece from Necromunda range. 2 models like this are already members of my Scavvy gang so didn't need much another the very same sculpt.
The zombie has been very slightly modified: right arm was repositioned so I could add a banner, I also added bit cloth on it to hide the cut.

Paintjob has been sealed with solid layer of matt Revell varnish, so it should arrive safe and sound. That is of course some frenzy driven postman decides to stomp on the parcel or something... I mentioned it before - Revell makes really brill sealer but it just ruins any metallics. I gotta find some other stuff for metal parts - satin varnish should do the trick.


Till the next time!

5 comments:

  1. That's a lovely painted model. Really great looking zombie! Slightly disappointed the banner is comprehensible and doesn't just say BRAINNNSSSSS all over it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers dude :D

    I know the zombie-flag could be painted more "zombish" way but since the model was sort of gift I decided to give it some personal touch:
    ths deader carries the flag of Kiel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiel), where recipient resides ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Cant wait to see how the Nepharite and the 15mm scale stuff turns out! They do look like they would make decent Dark Legion minions!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Cow:
    same 'ere, I've already painted the first 15mm scavenger but it case of small scale toys the number makes the peoper look :)

    @The Pietia:
    indeed, Cthulhu's own... ^(;,;)^

    ReplyDelete