Sunday, June 9, 2013

There are rodents in my gaming place

Heya again,

This time I cannot report any game played (sadly) but can report something else: painted minis! The lead pile has been decreased only by 2 pieces but it's still better than nothing.

The first one is the model I got from Chaosium few years back (together with some RPG materials and cultist clothes) - maniac.  I know the "official" pics are pretty weak but they are definitely nothing special. But I think these freeks are quite funny toys and I need them for 2 things:
1. Arkham Horror boardgame characters instead of original cardboards
2. Call of Cthulhu RPG independent characters. As you can imagine the next scenario takes place in the notorious Innsmouth...

I think painting this fish-man didn't take longer than an evening but I happy it's behind me.


The next one is something more serious: Ratskin Renegade named Squeeky ^^
I like they way this bastard turned out so you can expect the rest of the gang... eee... pack to be painted similar style. Again it was a nice change to slap some paint on something alive and not being disease-ridden. One or two more of these and I can go back to Scavvies.
I have more of these sculpts but what you can see below is my current campaign gang.


And speaking of campaign:
in one of old White Dwarf issues there was a cool article "Perils of the desert".
All in all it's treacherous conditions moved outside, to the Gorkamorka wastes. And because we play in open spaces using these is much more appropriate.
One of the perils you can meet are dust devils. This is such a nasty thing to meet that I decided to make the counters. It was quite easy: pieces of steel wool attached to the resin bases, sprayed grey and voila.
Besides we need smoke grenade markers and these should fit the role perfectly.


And below - the smoke markers on the battlefield. Really cannot wait to see the table painted...


Eeeek, eeeek for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment